Christmas is here and it is time to “wow” your guests with a tasty GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, REFINED SUGAR-FREE, and PALEO treat that is sure to have them coming back for more. Something light and refreshing, yet creamy and sweet, definitely can be found in each delectable layer. Easy-to-make, visually appealing, and super healthy, you must try this recipe for the holidays!
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is already here. With all the hustle and bustle that comes with this joyous time of the year, making an elaborate dessert may not be high on your priority list. As decadent as this beauty appears it definitely is classified as one of my simpler recipes.
When I say simple, I certainly did not compromise the delicious taste and outstanding nutritional content. Each layer is sure to help satisfy the daily vitamins needed in supporting a healthy balanced diet.
Strawberries and raspberries are high in antioxidants which help fight aging and slows the growth of cancerous free radical molecules in your body. Coconut yogurt contains probiotics that are essential for digestive health. Fresh apples are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They also contain fiber which can help you feel fuller longer. Last but not least, goji berries are also ranked high on the nutritional chart and they can also help stabilize blood sugar levels, promote healthy skin, detoxify the liver, protect the eyes, and are a great energy and mood booster.
You can’t go wrong giving this simple, nutritious, delightfully displayed recipe a try this Christmas. It is just what you need to be making this crazy time of year!
This beautifully layered parfait not only makes a wonderful GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, REFINED SUGAR-FREE, AND PALEO dessert, it is also refreshing, rich, and creamy all in one bite. You have to give this simple recipe a try this holiday season.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries hulled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 - 2 cups water depends on the consistency
- 1 - 3 tbsp. maple syrup to taste optional
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut yogurt plain or vanilla
- 1 green apple diced
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- Combine strawberries and raspberries in a food processor and slowly add water until it is smooth. If frozen and the berries defrost the consistency may be too runny, so add less water.
- You may choose to use an unrefined sweetener if the berries are tart. I like to use maple syrup.
- Add chia seeds and pulse until combined.
- Place the puree into serving dishes of your choice and refrigerator until it is thick about 4 hours or overnight.
- coconut yogurt
- green apples
- goji berries
- Once the berry chia seed puree thickens, spoon the coconut yogurt over it and top with diced apples and goji berries. Serve immediately and enjoy!